The Ano-Rectal Clinic stands as a specialized medical facility dedicated to the diagnosis, treatment, and management of disorders affecting the anal and rectal region. Anchored in a multidisciplinary approach, this clinic addresses a diverse range of conditions, ensuring that patients receive comprehensive care tailored to their unique needs. With a focus on providing effective and minimally invasive solutions, the Ano-Rectal Clinic plays a pivotal role in restoring and maintaining the anal health of individuals.
Key Conditions Treated By Ano-rectal Clinic
- Hemorrhoids: Swollen and inflamed veins in the rectum and anus that cause discomfort and bleeding.
- Anal Fissures: Small tears in the lining of the anus causing pain, especially during bowel movements.
- Fistulas: Abnormal connections or tunnels between the anal canal and the surface of the skin near the anus, often resulting from infection or inflammation.
- Anal Abscesses: Collections of pus near the anus, often due to infection of the anal glands.
- Rectal Prolapse: A condition where part of the rectum slips outside the anus, causing pain and discomfort.
- Pruritus Ani: Chronic itching of the anal area, which can be due to various causes including skin conditions and infections.
- Anal Condyloma (Anal Warts): Caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV), resulting in growths around the anal area.
- Pilonidal Disease: A chronic skin infection in the crease of the buttocks near the tailbone.
- Faecal Incontinence: Inability to control bowel movements, causing unintentional stool leakage.
- Anal Cancer: Malignant growths in the anal canal or at the opening of the anus.
- Rectal Cancer: Cancers that occur in the rectum, the lower part of the large intestine.
- Chronic Constipation and Obstructed Defecation: Issues with bowel movements that can lead to discomfort and health complications.
The Ano-Rectal Clinic specializes in a range of procedures to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the anus and rectum. Key procedures performed in these clinics include:
- Hemorrhoidectomy: Surgical removal of haemorrhoids. This can be done through various techniques, including conventional surgery, laser surgery, or stapled hemorrhoidectomy.
- Rubber Band Ligation: A non-surgical procedure for haemorrhoids where a small band is placed around the base of the haemorrhoid to cut off its blood supply, causing it to wither and fall off.
- Sclerotherapy: Injection of a solution into haemorrhoids, causing them to shrink. This is typically used for smaller haemorrhoids.
- Fistulotomy/Fistulectomy: Surgical opening or removal of a fistulous tract for anal fistulas. The procedure aims to heal the fistula while preserving anal sphincter function.
- Abscess Drainage: Incision and drainage of an anal abscess, often followed by further treatment to prevent fistula formation.
- Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy: A procedure for treating chronic anal fissures, involving a small cut in the anal sphincter muscle to reduce spasm and pain.
- Pilonidal Cyst Excision: Removal of a pilonidal cyst or sinus, which is a small hole or tunnel in the skin of the buttocks.
- Anal Skin Tag Removal: Surgical removal of skin tags around the anus, often for hygiene reasons or to alleviate discomfort.
- Stapled Hemorrhoidopexy (PPH Procedure): A minimally invasive technique for treating haemorrhoids using a specialized surgical stapler to reposition and fix the haemorrhoids in place.
- Rectal Prolapse Surgery: Surgical correction of rectal prolapse, which may involve resecting a portion of the rectum or securing it in place.
- Colonoscopy and Sigmoidoscopy: Diagnostic procedures to examine the inner lining of the colon and rectum, often used to investigate symptoms and screen for colorectal cancer.
- Anoplasty: Surgery to repair or reconstruct the anus or rectal area.
Advantages Of The Ano-rectal Clinic
- Specialized Care: These clinics provide focused expertise in ano-rectal disorders, ensuring that patients receive care from specialists who are knowledgeable about the latest treatments and best practices.
- Advanced Diagnostic Capabilities: Ano-Rectal Clinics are often equipped with specialized diagnostic tools, such as high-resolution anoscopy, ultrasound, and manometry, which are essential for accurate diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Minimally Invasive Procedures: Many ano-rectal treatments, such as haemorrhoid banding or laser surgery, are minimally invasive, resulting in less pain, quicker recovery, and lower risk of complications.
- Improved Patient Comfort and Privacy: Ano-Rectal Clinics provide a discreet and comfortable environment, which is particularly important for conditions that can be sensitive or embarrassing to discuss.
- Reduced Risk of Complications: Early and specialized intervention can prevent the progression of conditions and reduce the risk of serious complications, such as incontinence or systemic infection.
- Enhanced Quality of Life: Effective treatment of ano-rectal disorders can significantly improve patients' quality of life, allowing them to return to their normal daily activities with greater comfort and confidence.
Call 011-42888888 to book an appointment with a specialist at Sri Balaji Action Medical Institute.