The Retina Clinic is a specialized healthcare facility dedicated to the diagnosis, treatment, and management of disorders related to the retina and vitreous, two critical components of the eye. The retina, a thin layer of tissue at the back of the eye, is responsible for capturing light and sending visual signals to the brain. Conditions affecting the retina can lead to vision impairment or loss, making specialized care in a Retina Clinic crucial.
Common Diseases Treated By The Department
- Retinal Tears and Detachments: These occur when the retina pulls away from its normal position, potentially leading to irreversible vision loss if not promptly treated.
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD): A progressive condition that affects the macula, the central part of the retina responsible for sharp, central vision.
- Diabetic Retinopathy: Caused by damage to blood vessels in the retina due to diabetes, this condition can lead to vision loss if left untreated.
- Retinal Vascular Diseases: Conditions like retinal vein occlusion and arterial diseases affect blood flow to the retina, potentially leading to vision impairment.
- Macular Hole and Epiretinal Membrane: These conditions involve abnormalities on the retina's surface, potentially causing distorted or blurry vision.
- Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP): A condition affecting premature infants, ROP occurs when abnormal blood vessels grow in the retina, potentially leading to vision loss.
- Intravitreal Injections: Medications are directly injected into the vitreous gel to treat conditions like AMD, diabetic retinopathy, and macular edema.
- Laser Photocoagulation: Laser therapy is used to seal leaking blood vessels or create tiny burns to promote retinal attachment in cases of retinal detachment.
- Vitrectomy Surgery: This surgical procedure involves the removal of the vitreous gel and repair of the retina, often used in cases of severe retinal disorders.
- Anti-VEGF Therapy: This treatment involves injecting medications that inhibit the growth of abnormal blood vessels, commonly used in AMD and diabetic retinopathy.
- Scleral Buckle Surgery: A silicone band is placed around the eye to provide external support and help reattach the retina in cases of retinal detachment.
- Preservation of Vision: The specialized care provided at the Retina Clinic aims to preserve and restore vision, allowing patients to maintain their quality of life.
- Restoration of Hope: For patients facing vision-threatening conditions, the expertise and advanced treatments offered at the Retina Clinic offer hope for improved visual outcomes.
- Enhanced Quality of Life: By addressing retinal disorders, patients can regain independence, engage in daily activities, and enjoy an improved overall quality of life.
- Prevention of Progression: Timely diagnosis and treatment of retinal disorders can prevent further vision loss and potential complications.
Call 011-42888888 to book an appointment with a specialist at Sri Balaji Action Medical Institute.